Financial Services – Insurance and Investments
I was retained for 15 months to deliver a transformational eCommerce programme for Acromas Holdings, a private equity business who’s main activity was the sale of branded goods and services through its subsidiaries which are still household names in the UK, the two largest brands being The AA and SAGA Group.
The objective of the programme was to strengthen the client’s online presence and support incremental revenue growth through improved digital performance. Online financial services products included insurance (motor, home, travel) and white-labelled personal investments.
Scope of the programme included:
- Design, build and launch of two major websites (The AA and SAGA), integrated into tightly managed commerce journeys (linked to aggregators / affiliate networks) to uplift online revenues. Integration of a self-service portal providing single sign-on customer access to products and services.
- Upgraded analytics and introduced A/B and multivariate testing, targeting, session-replay tools, all integrated into new business/operating models and delivering recognisable EBIT to the business
- Series of mobile apps and adaptive mobile websites designed to run on iPads, iPhone, Android, Blackberry, to provide customers with ubiquitous access to The AA brand, its products and services.
- Social media /User Generated Content integration strengthening brand advocacy /customer reach.
- Performance, capacity and resilience improvements to infrastructure/architecture and application tier. Delivered multi-tier architecture, enabling an agile change management process. Used IaaS/SaaS.
Online Retail Banking
I managed the delivery of the UK’s first mobile cheque payment solution for a leading UK multinational bank. This was a high profile a proof of concept designed for retail /business customers. Working with senior stakeholders across the bank (including risk , fraud, customer service functions) BAs, designers, developers, technical architects and infrastructure, we designed and built this proof of concept in 3 months. The mobile app (containing the cheque imaging solution) was integrated through a mobile gateway and middle tier components to the customer accounts mainframe application and onto cheque clearing systems. The solution was demonstrated to Chancellor of Exchequer pre-launch in December 2013.
I’d also been retained by the same Bank in an earlier strategy/planning role, exploring an omni-channel proposition for retail customers (web/mobile/social, email, call centre). The proposition combined cutting edge UXD with interactive (audio visual), social media, mobile, and leveraged big data surfaced from all available sources.